Saturday, July 28, 2007

Where have I heard this one before

The Republicans’ presidential YouTube debate, scheduled for Sept. 17 in Florida, may move to another date, given reservations that some of the candidates have expressed about both the date and the format....

....Mr. Madden said the Romney campaign’s decision not to participate was “not a question of format, it’s a question of our travel schedule.”


Sounds a lot like, I can't come to your birthday party, Seth, because my travel schedule requires I attend a very urgent screening of 'Fletch' with Tagg. Or "I can't attend your high school graduation, Seth, because I have a dentist appointment that evening." What dentist schedules appointments at 7pm on a Saturday night?

I'm sure Dad's "travel schedule" requires him to be somewhere warm, as far away as possible from talking snowmen. Blam! In your face!

No comments: